Cement Stucco Specifications
We use a Portland cement stucco system with a minimum of three coats of hand-troweled Portland cement.
The last two coats are offered in a choice of textures and colors.
- 15 LB asphalt saturated felt
- 3.4 gauge, diamond expanded, self-furring, galvanized steel lath
- A.S.T.M. (Type 1), Federal white cement (Type 2), Dragon gray cement
- Double AA grade, silica sand
- Fiberglass fibers, plasticizers and pure mineral pigments for color
- Galvanized crown staple fasteners for lath
- Pneutek masonry fasteners for lath
- Attach a 15 LB asphalt saturated felt to any wood substrates as a dependable vapor barrier. No vapor barrier is needed over metal or masonry surfaces.
- Attach a 3.4 gauge, diamond expanded, self-furring, galvanized steel lath to the entire work area with galvanized plastering accessories and expansion joints where required.
- Trowel on a first coat of machine mixed cement, sand, fibers and plasticizers to the entire work area. We refer to this as the base coat or ‘scratch’ coat because deep scratches are scribed into the cement so the subsequent coats have more area to bond. The base coat will dry for 5-7 days before the next coats are applied.
- Trowel on the second and third coats of machine mixed cement, sand, plasticizers and mineral pigments in the colors and texture of your choice. The second and third coats are applied simultaneously to ensure proper bonding. The second coat is a full color coat and the third coat is a light texture coat only. The textures are offered in a skip trowel or ‘drag’ texture and a machine sprayed ‘Stipple’ finish.
For more information about cement stucco from the experts at New England Brickface, please contact us here or call us directly at 508.400.1241.